Toronto, Canada Remote
With hubs in New York City, Toronto, Los Angeles & Berlin, Our Client is a digital agency that specializes in solving e-commence problems for clients like Cravings by Chrissy Teigen, Peloton and Fenty, Rihanna's beauty line. We are a developer-founded full service agency with a strong engineering focus. We welcome remote-first collaboration and as such, are looking for a strong Frontend Developer to join our team. We are open to this position being remote so long as working EST or PST hours are OK.
Tech Leads are responsible for all technical decisions on key projects. Working closely with project managers, you'll inform how we approach mission critical features. You'll need to be comfortable working closely with clients and disseminating instruction to all teams in easy to grasp concepts. While the role is focused on leading over implementing, the ability to decipher merge requests, comprehend technical documentation and write prototypical code is essential.
We value continuous growth and learning, a team-first mentality, discipline, and a positive attitude. The ideal candidate would possess:
- 4+ years of web-based software architecture experience.
- 1+ years experience with Shopify as a platform. We love fast learners but some platform experience is a must.
- The desire to design and lead implementations across backend and frontend codebases alike.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to manage workload, meet deadlines and speak up when needed.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented.
- Level-headed and positive attitude under pressure.
-*Some DevOps experience a plus.
- Fully understand client objectives and project goals through performing interviews, reviewing documentation and interfacing with third-party vendors.
- Articulate suggested approaches through concise communication, eloquent functional specifications and clear diagrams.
- Identify risks, oversights and needs early. Work with the wider team to create solutions that speak well to client needs.
- Manage a number of projects in various states of development.
- Review others' code and ensure that project dev teams under your leadership are executing inline with the needs of projects.
- Write prototypical code to validate project assumptions via methods that are easily sharable and reusable.
- Ability to write tests that assure core business requirements are met.
- Assist in advancing internal processes and tooling that compliment project success.
- Work with project managers to communicate project status to the client on a regular basis.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Laid back working environment
- Annual offsite in Mexico
- Summer Fridays
- New Apple gear (e.g. Macbook Pro)
- Annual home office stipend
- Education stipend