Senior Frontend Developer
Toronto or San Mateo
You’ll work closely with product managers, designers, and the rest of the engineering team to create elegant, responsive, and scalable user experience across multiple devices. You will work with the engineering team to improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes. You will also review code by your peer, offering help and insights from your experience.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Love building things from scratch.
- Love finding creative solutions to problems.
- Find joy in designing simple, optimized, and robust code.
- See others’ perspectives and contribute to technical discussions. - Thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.
- Believe in learning new things and helping others succeed.
Skills and Qualifications:
You will need to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in building responsive and scalable Web applications in React
- Experience with AJAX, XML, JSON, and best practice design patterns
- Familiarity with UX principles and site performance optimization
- Good grasp of computer science fundamentals, such as data structures and algorithms
- Working experience with automated testing and version control systems like Git
- 8+ years of related experience and 5+ years of experience as project lead/core dev
- Comfortable with pair-programming and moving fast
- Great at communication and teamwork
The following would also be a significant plus:
- Content management system
- User Experience design methodologies
- NodeJS, Elixir, Python